SCHOOL CROSSING SUPERVISOR OF THE YEAR NOMINATIONS
For the upcoming Supervisor of The Year Awards in 2019/2020
Nominations close on Friday 8th May 2020
In 2010 School Crossings Victoria established the school crossing supervisor of the year award to acknowledge the contribution and spirit of the work undertaken by school crossing supervisors throughout Victoria.
PURPOSE of the SCHOOL CROSSING SUPERVISOR AWARD
To acknowledge the contribution and dedication School Crossings Supervisors provide by maintaining and providing a safe and enjoyable journey to and from your individual school and all schools throughout Victoria.
The recipient of the award should model enthusiasm and successful outcomes in a friendly and professional manner.
This award is open to all Crossing Supervisors. Please consider not only your permanent supervisor, but the large contingent of relief staff who are also very dedicated School Crossing Supervisors.
2014 School Crossing Supervisors Award Nominees
How the School Crossing Award is Decided…
- Victoria is broken into 7 regions based on the number of school crossing supervisors per municipality.
- A winner is selected from each region and then a state winner will be selected from the 7 regional winners.
- The selection process is done by a panel of independent members of member councils.
Nominees for the award must be employed as a school crossing supervisor at any Victorian Council. Judging is based on the following:
- Professional demeanour and presentation (uniform and equipment)
- Working knowledge of road rules relating to school crossings
- Welcoming, caring, supportive and encouraging to all users of the school crossing
Helpful – Informative and clear on correct use of the crossing
Involvement in the school community
Attendance – no time off (other than illness)